- Middleborough - Staff
- Middleborough, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical Dental 401K with match PTO & more
Compass Medical is a physician owned & directed healthcare company and is affiliated with Steward Healthcare Systems. Compass Medical is a fully integrated healthcare provider that offers high quality healthcare solutions from several locations south of Boston, Massachusetts. We offer Primary Care, Walk-In Urgent Care, some Specialty Care - including Cardiovascular, Radiology & Imaging, Medical Laboratory, and more.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Full-time schedule
- 40 Hours per Week
- This position combines both Medical Assisting AND Medical Office AA work
- MUST BE WILLING TO DO BOTH MA & AA type work!
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, greet, assess and interview patients.
• Review and update present medications, allergy history, chief complaint, and conduct a brief interrogation of complaint.
• Assure accurate medical, family, social and surgical history is obtained and updated as necessary in record.
• Prepare and assist patients for examination, treatment, or procedure by medical staff.
• Perform a variety of preliminary procedures, including phlebotomy, injections, and throat cultures.
• Act as a liaison between doctor and patient.
• Monitor patient during examination, or procedure.
• Maintain optimum professional communication, customer service and assure patient confidentiality.
• Maintain patient care areas, assuring exam rooms are stocked and clean.
• Participate in the training and skills development of new medical assistants.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Medical Assistant Certification/Degree preferred.
• Externship/Internship within related healthcare practice preferred.
• Must have some pediatrics MA experience.
• Must have current or very recent experience drawing blood from all patient age groups.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate knowledge of HIPAA.
• Demonstrate ability to use computer systems.
• Ability to draw blood / phlebotomy.
• Ability to effectively communicate with patients, family members, providers and staff.
• Demonstrate knowledge of various medical terminologies and technologies within out-patient healthcare.
• Demonstrate knowledge of EMR preferred.
Please apply on-line.
Please no telephone calls.
Please no faxing, mailing or hand-delivering resumes.
ALL RECRUITMENT IS PERFORMED THROUGH THE BUSINESS OFFICE IN EAST BRIDGEWATER. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OUR CLINICAL SITE FOR INFORMATION.
362 North Bedford Street
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!